Offshore Jobs! Now Hiring!

Are you ready to say goodbye to the monotony of the typical 5 days on, 2 days off, day after day, week after week of a mediocre, no chance for advancement, land locked job?

Offshore Guides is the original website for providing current, accurate and helpful information on how to get a high paying job in the offshore drilling industry. This information includes hundreds of immediate and available jobs in many different categories:

1. Jobs on offshore drilling rigs: Semi-submersibles, submersibles, jack-ups, tenders, drill ships, derrick barges and platforms.
  2. Jobs on vessels that service the rigs: Crew boats, supply boats, anchor handling vessels, utility boats, rig movers and seismic vessels.
  3. Jobs with special service companies that provide additional support for rig operations: Catering, offshore welding and construction, sandblasting and painting, diving, demolition, casing, logging, transportation (helicopters and boats), security, medical, administrative, etc.
  4. Jobs on offshore wind farms: Installation, maintenance, repairs, etc.
  5. Jobs on land based oil rigs and related services.

The offshore / onshore drilling, special services and wind farm industries are huge, employing in excess of 3.7 million workers on a world wide basis. These jobs are extremely demanding physically and require you to be away from home for weeks at a time working in isolated and sometimes very hostile environments.

Rigs operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, week after week after week. The only time contracted rigs shut down is for repairs, bad weather or to move the rig. Because of these extreme working conditions, qualified personnel are always in great demand. This huge demand for offshore rig and boat crews keeps offshore recruiters continually searching for dependable people they can train and move up the ladder.

The main reason for so many job openings is the fact that the post-World War II “baby boom” generation is at the retirement door. OVER HALF of the offshore work force is expected to retire in the next several years and offshore recruiters are scrambling to find reliable replacements. Both technical professionals and rig labor are highly sought after at this time.

Veterans Are in High Demand:

Due to the explosive growth in the shale sector and the need to replace “baby boomers” nearing retirement age, there’s more opportunity for veterans to get hired offshore than ever before. Opportunities for veterans include:

• All kinds of drilling rig or rig service jobs
  • The transference of skills from related military specialties, such as quality assurance / quality control, mechanics, welders, cooks, electricians / electronic techs, warehouseman, medics and personnel qualified in accounting and administrative duties

Two Ways to Get Started:

Having been a pioneer in connecting offshore jobs with people who want them, we have concluded there are two main ways to get hired offshore:

1. You know someone (a friend, brother, brother in law, uncle, father, etc.) who is currently working for an offshore company and has the right connection to get you hired OR
  2. You don’t know anyone with inside connections and will have to somehow contact companies that are hiring and training personnel for present and future needs and convince them to hire you (above the thousands of others that are applying for the same positions

Having been in this business for over 30 years, and having helped thousands worldwide in their quest for offshore employment, we have concluded there are 2 very distinct and separate ways to apply for an offshore oil rig job:

1. You can contact each company individually, PERSONALLY presenting them with your resume or CV and make follow up calls and inquiries OR
  2. You can “blast” your resume or CV to all the offshore recruiters / employers at once

Both methods have their pros and cons. Some people use the individual method, some people like to “blast” and some maximize their chances and use both methods.

For more complete information on where the jobs are, who to apply, what to apply for and personal services you won’t find any where else online, visit our parent site at Offshore Guides.

About these ads

20 thoughts on “Offshore Jobs! Now Hiring!

1. James Thatcher

I am a mechanic/ electronic technician with 3 years experience and 8 months of training through the Mississippi army national guard, and I am looking to start a career offshore 6017166991

2. Alphonso Davis

I have no experience of offshore jobs, but I have a kind of hard working attitude. As per qualification I am a higher secondary passed out guy. I am looking forward to seeking a secure any entry level position on oil rigs. Kindly guide me to make a career in the oil rig industry. Alphonso Davis 3184520161 (phone) and alphonso.davis16@yahoo.com (e-mail)

3. courtney andrew lefebvre

I have 8 years expirence in the oil and gas industy I have 6 years working derricks and im looking for a company that will let me expand my knowledge by letting me move up! As I continue into my career i know its getting harder to find and train good knowledgeable derricks hands! Witch is a reason I havent moved up as quickly as I have hoped! I would love to work for a company that would be willing to let me do that!

4. D'Aris McLester

Hello, My name is D’Aris McLester, and i really need to work with you all.Iam a very hard worker, and i will do whatever it takes to work.

5. James McDowell

I’m James currently working inland as a metal fabricator. I recently received my twic card and would enjoy working on a supply boat. If your looking for a honest hard working intelligent young man I’m your guy you can reach me at (850) 982-6079 and I will send you a copy of my resume. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

6. Jason Cardona

I have my OSHA and TWIC. I’m available for work anytime. I’m willing learn and excited to expand my working experience.

7. Joshua Williams

I’m willing to work right now I have a twic card with no expecting I’m willing to learn what I have to do right now whatever it takes to get this job

1. cptron2 Post author

Josh,
      You have to get yourself together a great resume and a reliable contact list and start letting some recruiters know you are ready and able to go to work!

8. Troy Huls

I have 28 years at sea 47 years old and hold a 100 ton masters 200 ton mate unlimited AB and a tanker men ass. Endorsement. Im a certified welder and boiler operator. Also have runs run cranes at sea for years. I’m currently working for tidewater tug n barge as a deck mechanic/ engineer. I looking to go over sea’s

Troy Huls

Employed From

September 2006

Employed To
    September 2007

Notes
    My achievements in this job, any special responsibilities:
    Customer Service Rep, Customer Service Sales, Loss Prevention, Retail Sales Associate, Store Planning.

2.)

Job Title
    customer specialist

Company Name
    Best Buy

Company Location
    Hwy 21 Louisiana

Employed From
    December 2007

Employed To
    October 2008

Notes
    My achievements in this job, any special responsibilities:
    (“Guy who knows the technical solutions for and technical need”)
    Wireless sales, computer sales, car audio sale, mp3 sales, digital imaging sales, and home entertainments sales.

3.)

Job Title
    Sales Specialist

Company Name
    Circuit City

Company Location
    Covington Hwy 190

Employed From
    October 2008

Employed To
    February 2009

Notes
    My achievements in this job, any special responsibilities:
    Car audio sales, computer sales, and home entertainment sales.

4.)

Job Title
    Server

Company Name
    MellowMushroom

Company Location
    Covington Hwy 190

Employed From
    July 2009

Employed To
    May 24th 2010

5.)

Job Title
    Customer Specialist (Front Desk)

Company Name

USAF

Company Location
    Keesler AFB Biloxi MS

Employed From
    Aug 2012

Employed To

Present date in Tech school, was in for cyber transport (network engineering) but now being reclassed and rethinking things.

Have at least 54 college credit